Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hunnie, Baby, Sweetie...

At the grocery store today the guy behind me said "oh babe I think that self check out is opened" and it got me thinking about how much I love it when guys use cute names on me and how I just don't understand how some Fem-Nazis hate it!

To me it's a sign of endearment, not an insult or put down. It makes me smile every time I hear it.

I used to me one of those ladies who HATED when a guy would open the door for me. I always thought "How dare you! I can open my own damn door, thank you very much" but then I read this...

"A southern belle is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. We know how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. We pick our battles and fight with the heart of a pit bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Our mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern bell who could direct any army, loves her momma and will always be daddy's little girl."

I was like OMG that's sooo true!!!

Enjoy it ladies!!! It's a nice compliment and there are WAY worse things that guy could do then call you hunnie as he opens your door!

♥ B

0 Love Left: